Menu

1/10/2017

DIY Teacher Bracelet



Technicaly it is not a DIY for a classroom but still a great thing for a teacher. I was inspired by Trashy Crafter. She is making amazing bracelets from book pages, so I decided to make my own without destroying books.;)

Here is what you'll need
* access to printer (to print out paper beads template)
* paper
* glue
* some tools to cut and bend with (needle nose pliers, regular pliers and scissors)
* nail polish (or any other sealant. Polish works well and wears good)
* toothpicks
* stainless steel bracelet base (it is really cheap, but if you can't find it, you can use thin wire instead)
* beads and charms
* two (or more) pendants /totally optional/
* time (paper beads need time to dry, so have a couple of days ahead)

How to make it
1. Choose some quotes. For paper beads I decided to take quotes I like or that make some sense to me. Print them out using my template or any other found online.
Obviously you won't be able to read them, but I think that there is something in wearing meaningful accessories around your wrist, that are important to you only. So I took differen quotes in different languages, from a variety of books, movies and games. I also threw there a semicolon in celebration of Project Semicolon (more here) and even Dr. Seuss citatations;) Why not! That will be a reminder for everything good, when bad things are happening.
Here is a template I've used to achive rounded edges on beads and not boxy ones.
And these are mine, if you're curious :)

2. Cut them out and roll them on toothpick, not forgetting to apply glue time after time, to hold it in place. 
Wait it to be dry (I used a cup filled with buckwheat to stick beads on toothpicks and to dry them completly without any marks or bumps) and put couple coats of sealant on them. Be sure not to overdo glue and sealant, so you can take your beads off the toothpick.
3. After drying time take your stainless steel bracelet base and needle nose pliers. 
Make a loop on one end to prevent beads from slipping. Than just string your beads in a patter you want. You can take couple of pendants to hang on a bracelet. I would recomend with this kind of bracelet to put those pendants on the ends, for them to not overlap with the gorgeous pattern you'll have on your bracelet. I have "Be true" on one side and "Spirituality" on other.


4. After you stringed all the beads, just make another loop at the end.
Be sure to left a little space on a wire for beads to move a little bit and not break or crack.

And there you have it! A great bracelet for teacher to make a great reminder of good vibes.
And a stunning accessoryto wear! ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment