Menu

1/19/2017

Tech Thursday: Using PowToon in classroom


PowToon were around from 2011, but I just recently discovered this great platform for making creative explainer sllide shows and cartoons for free. And fell in love with it!
For my elementary kids I prefer using different cartoons and flesh-animations to remember specific material and especially grammar. It took 1-2 hours at the beggining to make one PowToon for me, but after you get your hand on it and learn where situated what, you don't need that much time. 
For older kids I asked to do them to make a PowToon of their own. Now, you do need an e-mail for having the account, so that's need a little bit of preparation. But the resault worth it: my kidos got bored from making PowerPoints and Publishers, so the switch made them pretty excited. And the planning period, when they needed to plan their storyboard, was really cool! 
If you are using free account, you can't remove the watermark in right bottom corner and in the end of the video and you can't download it on your computer. Though you can upload it on Youtube and Vimeo, or share in on social media of your choise. Also you have oportunity to download your PowToon as different computer formats such as PDF or PowerPoint presentation.

Here is my PowToon I used for kids to revise parts of speech.

For more tips and tricks click here.


Disclaimer: this is NOT a paid promotion for PowToon. All writen above is my personal point of view based on personal experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment